Monday, September 1, 2014
Shappeybunny’s Cabin Pressure Fanfiction * at AO3
1. Carolyn’s Big Decision
- In which it’s 1990, and Carolyn has a decision to make about her family’s future which could change everything. Featuring Mummy Carolyn and 10 year old Arthur.
2. Halfway To The Airport
- In which Arthur falls off the edge, and Martin does his best to be the friend he needs. Final chapter currently in progress.
3. When Douglas Met Arthur
- In which Captain Douglas Richardson meets his boss’s teenage son for the first time, and thinks he might be stoned.
4. Arthur Shappey And The Faulty Sarcasm Detector
- Because the idea of Douglas trying to explain the concept of sarcasm to Arthur stuck in my head and just would not leave.
* apologies for reposting this at random; I can’t link to an external website from my blog, so I’m linking to this post instead.
Sunday, August 31, 2014
The John Finnemore’s souvenir Programme cast. (As cats)
Good work! I especially enjoy the way John Finnemeow has a little tabby beard.
Saturday, August 30, 2014
Hello, lovely new followers!
1) If I haven’t followed you back, it’s not personal, it’s because I only follow other 100% John Finnemore blogs, which means I literally only follow one other blog (and Ed Morrish). I am nothing if not niche.
2) I’m currently sorting through all my posts and tagging them so the blog will be properly searchable. If you want to find that post I made about where to buy John’s jazzy tie that he wore to the Radio Academy Awards, you can! There’ll be a big relaunch in a couple of weeks, with bunting. Well, maybe not bunting.
3) Welcome, come in, make yourself at home, have a look around. I’ll put the kettle on… tea?
Looks like that hour I spent Googling paintings of Napoleon earlier was in vain… :)
Zurich can also be bought separately from the box set… (x) (boxset)
Ooh! But - will it come with all the extras, deleted scenes, art, etc, that we’ll get with the boxset, I wonder? Utterly inevitable that I’ll pay the extra £40.75 to find out.
I can think of a couple as well. For starters, he could bring his Napoleonic hat, and we’ll go from there.
What? I get confused when normal people follow me on twitter but Ed Morrish? The JFSP producer!
ha ha! He followed me on Tumblr once, for about four hours. I’m surprised he lasted that long, to be honest.
Oh, Ed Morrish, you were not wrong about the cover art.
I… am… so stunned I have stopped watching Doctor Who.
First reaction: What the what now?
Second reaction: Why the why now?
Third reaction: How the HELL are any of them keeping straight faces?
On Sunday September 28th 2014 it’s John Finnemore’s 37th birthday!
As a present we’ll be making a video with birthday messages you can send in!
- DEADLINE Sunday September 14th 2014
- Send in any videos or photos with a message; banners, drawings, anything you’d like. You could say/write “happy birthday” in your own language if you like.
- Videos can’t be longer than 6 seconds.
- You can send them by submitting them or via email: email@example.com
- You will always receive a reply if I get any message by you; if you don’t get a reply within 24 hours, send it again because it didn’t arrive.
- If you’d like your name in the video/photo, please add it in with a sign.
- All names will be added under the video in the description; add in your email what name (and country) you’d like to be used for this list.
- One entry per person or group.
- The video will be publically posted on youtube and send to John Finnemore.
- Please don’t contact him about this project as it’s a surprise (hopefully)
- You can find this post by searching for “birthday project” on this blog.
Any questions, just ask
Friday, August 29, 2014
Just reminders of how brilliant Carolyn Knapp-Shappey
Ooh, that first one’s mine! It still annoys me that I put a forward slash instead of an “I” in the first line and didn’t notice til it was too late. All bow down before Carolyn!
I just paid £10 for a minicab so I could get home quicker to watch Maartje’s John Finnemore interview.
Money well spent. :)
Next up! The interview.
I’d like to thank everyone who sent in questions for the interview with John Finnemore at EuroAirDotCon in Milan 2014. We got to use a lot during the long interview on Saturday, but unfortunately we weren’t allowed to film or transcribe that. I’d still like to let everyone…
Huzzah, that’s my JFSP question! Well, one of them; I had about fifty…
Did anyone else ask a question in the Q & A that got answered by John? Would you be OK sharing it here with us? I’m sure lots of your questions were ones we’d have asked ourselves if we’d been there. Thank you!
As mentioned in the interview, John Finnemore has a new show coming up!
Six standalone episodes, they are six half hour comedy plays with a different cast and a different setting.
He will be acting in some of them; he’ll be the star in one, have a supporting role in a couple, just one line in a couple and not be in one or two.
It will be directed by David Tyler from Pozzitive again, and will come out next year.
Hurray! More acting!